Solved

Microsoft Exchange Online - Send to Multiple Users @ the same time

• 27 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

How in the world do you send one email to a group of users without looping for Microsoft Exchance Online connector? The option is to add fixed individuals if multiple one at a time. The fields for TO, CC and BCC does not recognize a collection of users so now we have to worry about looping through 1K + users? 

Am I missing something? How do I send one (1) email to 1,000 users at the same time on the same email as BCC? Where only the admin is listed in the TO field. Please help!

We normally use the send an email provided in operations by Nintex but since this is a global automation initiative, we need it coming through as an internal email, not flagged as external email. This action is amazing and very little issues but I’m finding the exchange connector to be very difficult!!!!! 

icon

Best answer by Scottg 12 June 2023, 13:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Are you perhaps able to use an email distribution list containing those 1,000 users instead?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @brandiwoodson 
Have you resolved your question? 

Badge +4

If the Nintex Exchange connector is using standard MS exchange rules, the Send recipient limit is customizable up 1000. I think the default is 500.
So if there are 1000 messages in the BCC field it will fail. Need to break it up into smaller lots.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/exchange-online-service-description/exchange-online-limits#sending-limits-1

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/customizable-recipient-limits-in-office-365/ba-p/1183228

If you have exchange powershell access run this:

Get-MailboxPlan | select name, RecipientLimits

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Are you perhaps able to use an email distribution list containing those 1,000 users instead?

NO. We manage groups of users for automation efforts on sites in SharePoint groups vs ad groups to ensure the business can manage them as needed as site owners. If we did AD groups our employees woukd have to care an IT ticket to add or remove people all day long. Not sustainable. 

Badge +4

NO. We manage groups of users for automation efforts on sites in SharePoint groups vs ad groups to ensure the business can manage them as needed as site owners. If we did AD groups our employees woukd have to care an IT ticket to add or remove people all day long. Not sustainable. 

You can make end users owners of distribution groups and they can add or remove people at will in Outlook.

The internal mailbox can have the send limit increased to 1000 or the global setting if needed. According to Microsoft documentation, 1000 is the top end limit. Higher than that would need multiple emails. AS I said above, I bet the default is set at 500.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

You can make end users owners of distribution groups and they can add or remove people at will in Outlook.

The internal mailbox can have the send limit increased to 1000 or the global setting if needed. According to Microsoft documentation, 1000 is the top end limit. Higher than that would need multiple emails. AS I said above, I bet the default is set at 500.

We require an IT ticket to even create an AD group. But I will look into this for a distribution group. If that is the case, silly me - no clue how distribution groups work - I may switch to that method. Most of our users are familiar though with SPO groups and lists to manage people. So this will go to my bucket of options after I test it out. Thanks so much!

Badge

I don’t understand if there was a fix/workaround/clarification for this. I’m trying to send out to an undetermined amount of internal users (in the To field), and would like to send from Microsoft Exchange Online, not the Nintex Send Mail (removing the [External] from the subject line.

I’ve been searching for hours and have found no posts that address this. Anyone doing the same thing?