List workflow to save an element attribute into the \Nintex Workflow Task List\" for later filtering"

• 24 January 2018
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Dear Community,

I am looking for a smart way to add information to the workflow task for management & controlling when running a list workflow. 

The workflow is starting when an element ist created, and creates various tasks. The same tasks appear for various elements on random frequencies. To have a better overview of what tasks are open, I am using the "Worflow Tasks" list where the worflow is by default saving the tasks. (I have more tasks list according to the best practice guide, but for simplicity we can talk about one). I have included some relevant information from the element in to the task-title but am now looking for a way to add element specific information to the worflow task for filtering later. (e. g. adding the cluster of the element also into the task list).

I have not managed this with the "update element" -action. Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Paavo

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how did you try it with update item action?

you can create a custom field in the task list or create a custom content type within the task action (depends on type of task action) and then update the field(s) with mentioned update item action.

213096_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +3

Hi Marian, 

Thank you again for your support!

I tried exactly what You suggested, but I am having trouble linking the task in the general "Workflow Task" list to the specific element on the Library. 

In otherwords, I am not able to figure out how to setup the "Where" part of the action. I was trying to use the IDs but am not getting forward sad.png 

ps. I am using Flexi-Tasks, and was not able to find a way to direclty set the content in the task.

Edit. oh yes, I forgot to mention that I would love to have the extra information added also before the taks is completed. This would allow me to build a reporting also in case users are not reacting to their tasks! 

213097_pastedImage_3.png 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

to make it working for active flexi tasks you will need something like depicted here https://community.nintex.com/message/69024-re-how-do-i-capture-the-workflow-task-id?commentID=69024#comment-69024 

Badge +3

Awesome! Thank you! Great help as always :-) 

When I am using the "Pause for.." action, I am having some funny issues. I set it to wait 1min, but it waits 5mins. Is this normal for Nintex, or should I open a ticket to the service provider? 

Once more, thank you! You are the best! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, that's normal. 5min is (default) sharepoint's timer job wake up frequency.

please select a correct answer if you got it working.

Badge +3

Marion, one more question regarding the wait time. I have been testing the workflow, and have noticed that the Pause for 5min is often taking 20-30minutes. Would you consider this still normal? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that's really too much.

talk to your admins to check performance.