K2 4.6.10 - SQL Server Events

• 13 August 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

My scenario is I want to trigger a workflow when record gets inserted to a particular table. I am using smartobject. I have done below steps:

1. Have my SQL Database (SQL Server 2012), tables are there

2. Configured the SQL Server Service Instance to point to my database using the SmartObject Service Tester in K2 blackpearlBin folder.

3. Created a new Service Instance and specified the necessary parameters to have it connect to your DB

4. Created smartobject with new methods.

Now I want to use this smartobject in the workflow so that when new record gets inserted to above table, it should fire a mail to specified mail id. I know i can use Email Event for mailing funtionality. But dont know how to use this smartobject in workflow, how to trigger the workflow?

Thanks,

SanA

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi SanA,

Check this thread please:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Initiate-Workflow-With-Smartobject/m-p/81355#M24107

Badge +1

Hi Mustafa,

Thank you very much for your reply. I went through the link. But not getting what means by below steps. Can you please help me. I am new to these workflows.

- Add a new method call after your record has been created.
- Browse to the Workflow service instance and look for the Start Workflow action for your workflow and bind it accordingly.
Save and Test.

Thanks,
SanA

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have done this using K2 Designer & for repository I have used SmartBox.

Thanks,

SanA