How to configure Workflow Tasks and History List

• 28 October 2009
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi

I created a Infopath workflow and deployed it successfully, However, it doesn't show in the approvers tasks or document library their the form. The only way they can see it is thru event notification in their email. How do you I go about it? Need help

Thanks K2 GURUS

1 reply

Badge +10

The way that the K2 InfoPath workflows work with the InfoPath Client events is that the InfoPath form will not be generated and added to the InfoPath forms library until after someone either clicks on the email notification link (as you've seen) or selects their task from the K2 Worklist webpart.  Its at that point in time that K2 checks to see how many people can work on this form (slots) and then writes out the form for that user to work on.  This is the default behaviour and most of the time preferred because of performance and scalability reasons.

You could potentially look at changing this behaviour by looking at the Advanced Destination rule option of "Plan per destination all at once".  If so look at the following help topics.

K2 Studio > K2 Wizards > Activity Wizard > Default Activity Wizard > Destination Rule > Destination Rule Options

Normally I add the K2 Worklist webpart to the SharePoint site where the InfoPath form library is hosted and encourage the users to respond to their work through the worklist webpart rather than looking at a Sharepoint task list or for the forms themselves.  It has more capabilities and is more dynamic (group or role membership changes and such) than using the SharePoint tasks list.

I hope this helps.

Tim