Email event attaching file

• 2 April 2010
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Is it possible to acheive the below mentioned scenario in K2 workflow.

I can start the process once the document has been uploaded into sharepoint document library using SharePoint event process wizard.I want to send the email to the orginator and rest of the activity email with an attachment of document which is used for triggering workflow in document library.

I had tried the searchevent with Name lookup, however, it has returned only XML event details, any suggestion to acheive this funtionality.

Please provide us your thoughts on this.

Best regards

Madhan

3 replies

Badge +5

You can add attachments to emails by running the Mail Event wizard in advanced mode.  However, I would consider using a hyperlink in the email to the document since it lives in a SharePoint document library already rather than sending a duplicate copy as an attachment.

Badge +6

Thanks for your suggestion, I checked this option also it is working fine.

Badge +10

Hi madhann,

I think a SmartObject created to look at your document library will do the trick here.

Create a SmartObject which uses the SharePoint Service Instance and select the RetrieveDocument method from the Service.

It will require the name of the document as an input parameter, but you will have this already in the XML field created by the SharePoint Event Process Wizard. In your E-mail wizard use the Process file type of attachment and then drag in the File property of your SmartObject into the Content area.

This should send the document as an e-mail attachment.

Regards,