After running the K2 Setup Manager and Configuring a K2 environment, users will get an error similar to the following when accessing K2 Sites (Designer, Runtime, Management, etc.):
Error: "System.IdentityModel.Protocols.WSTrust.InvalidRequestException: No audiences configured for realm: 'https://k2workspace.denallix.com/Designer/"
This is a known issue in K2 Five and has been resolved with the release of K2 5.1. To completely prevent this issue, it is recommended that you upgrade to K2 5.1.
As an intermediate fix, go through the steps below to update the web.config files for the K2 Designer and K2 Runtime sites:
1. Edit the two following web.config files located in the K2 install directory:
C:\Program Files\K2\K2 smartforms Designer\Web.config
C:\Program Files\K2\K2 smartforms Runtime\Web.config
2. Find the following line in these files:
<wsFederation passiveRedirectEnabled="false" issuer="http://none" realm="https://k2workspace.denallix.com/Designer/" requireHttps="false" />
3. In here you should see that the value for the realm attribute is incorrect and uses the wrong site binding. Manually update the URL here to use the correct URL for your SmartForms sites.
4. Once updated on both the Runtime and Designer files, make sure to save these files.
5. Run an IIS reset via command prompt.
6. Now when you access your K2 Sites again and you will no longer see the error.