cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Site workflow to trigger based on Due Date

Jump to solution

Hello Friends,

I have a list with a Due date and Assigned To columns. I want to create a site workflow that should trigger an email 2 days before the due date to the person in Assigned To column. Could you please help me how I could go ahead and configure it?

Thank you

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Site workflow to trigger based on Due Date

Jump to solution

Hi,

you could create a site workflow, scheduled to run daily, and in it you can query your list to find all items where due date is equal to today +2 days. For each item in the set, you can then send an email to the people in the corrisponding Assigned To columns.

Giacomo

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Giacomo Gelosi, thank you for your reply. This is what I did so far

Step 1. Query list. TodayDate is a workflow variable which stores today's date. Action Due minus 2 is the site column which stores the due date. I'm storing both Title and Action Assigned To columns in a collection variables

Step 2: Using For each action, I'm storing the Title information in a single line of text workflow variable TitleSLOT

This is where I'm stuck. I don't know how to get the Action Assigned To information and send the mail across to concerned users.

Please assist. Thank you.

jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi,

inside the loop you can use a Collection Operation to GET from the ActionAssignedToCollVar the item with the same INDEX of the element in current TitleCollectionVar and save it to a user group variable.

then you can use that variable in a send notification

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Giacomo Gelosi  for your recommendation.

I'm posting the workflow with screens so that it would be helpful to some of you

Step1: Query the list and store the required columns in a collection variable. For now, I'm selecting four different parameters and storing them in respective collection variables

step1.jpg

Step2: In the For each action, I'm using the respective collection variable and storing that information in the relevant single line of text variable. Here you can either use ID or any unique column

Step3: Collection operation and using the GET action to retrieve the information

Step4: Send Email

0 Kudos