Solved

soap:ServerServer was unable to process request,--- Initiate workflow form not found.

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi

I have been getting the following error within one of our Nintex Workflow when attempting to publish the workflow. I am able to publish other workflows except for this particular one, which keeps getting this error:

soap:ServerServer was unable to process request,---> Initiate workflow form not found. Please create it from the workflow settings dialog. 

Please guide what is the issue and how to fix it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jake 16 August 2022, 14:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi, Was the workflow moved from another site or location? Normally this error would appear if a workflow was copied from one instance to another and it had a start form, located in the settings of the workflow, if that form is missing from the site config it can error like this.

Import the workflow, open Workflow settings and Edit the start form.

Badge +2

Hi @Jake ,

Thanks a lot for this. It worked, I was able to publish the workflow. I am yet test this to confirm if workflow will behave accordingly. 

To answer your question, No! we did not move the workflow from its location or to another site.

So basically what I did was open the current workflow with error, went into Workflow settings and Edit the start form and saved then Publish and it was successful. 

Thanks much.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @LM_3 

I am happy you managed to resolve the issue

my guess would be that the form definition stored on the sharepoint (in a hidden list) was accidentally deleted, The by going into the workflow and opening the start form you accessed the one stored in the workflow itself, publishing put the form back into the definition list.

I would say for sure this is a rare occurrence, If it does happen again please reach out to support. 

Kind regards

Jake.