Corleone
Design Dabbler

can't populate text controle with web request result

Jump to solution

hello Community, 

i am working on a form that i need to get the user details via API ( name , section , userID...)

after that , i'll have to passe the UserID in web request to get the managerUserID and populate the text field with that value in the same form i can't acheive that. 

thank you  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kchaluvadi
Workflow Veteran

Re: can't populate text controle with web request result

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there any specific reason you are using web services to get the name, section, userID? On the Nintex form, you can userProfileLookup("domain\login","InternalPropertyName") run time functions.

You can also get the manageruserid value too. I am not sure what is the 'section' property? Is it custom AD attribute? 

0 Kudos
Corleone
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

hi Kchaluvadi, 

yes, it's a must, the client asked that the user information are auto-filled in the form, and he specified that it's an API call

0 Kudos
kchaluvadi
Workflow Veteran

Jump to solution

Hi,

Share the screen shot of your form to see how you are calling web service/API, how the ouput is stored. Also share screen shot of issue you are having.

0 Kudos
Corleone
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

hi, I solve it using javascript. I stored the result of the web request in varMyRequest (//root, all the content ) after that I created a textbox for every textbox I wanted to populate, for example ( 2 textboxes for the name ) one of them is connected to the Sharepoint column to store the information ( hidden textbox ) and the other one to display the value ( read-only, I disabled this textbox, here was the big problem because we need to the textbox to be read-only if you disable it's read-only, but the value is not stored in Sharepoint)

JS : 

NWF$(document).ready(function()
{
NWF$('#'+varMyRequest).change(function()
{
var tst = NWF$('#' + varMyRequest).val();
NWF$('#' + txtField1).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<FULL_NAME>") + 11, tst.lastIndexOf("</FULL_NAME>")));
NWF$('#' + txtField1p).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<FULL_NAME>") + 11, tst.lastIndexOf("</FULL_NAME>")));
NWF$('#' + txtField3).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<EMP_WORK_SITE_DESC_V>")+22, tst.lastIndexOf("</EMP_WORK_SITE_DESC_V>")));
NWF$('#' + txtField3p).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<EMP_WORK_SITE_DESC_V>")+22, tst.lastIndexOf("</EMP_WORK_SITE_DESC_V>")));

NWF$('#' + txtField4).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<EMP_WORK_SEC_DESC_V>")+21, tst.lastIndexOf("</EMP_WORK_SEC_DESC_V>")));
NWF$('#' + txtField4p).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<EMP_WORK_SEC_DESC_V>")+21, tst.lastIndexOf("</EMP_WORK_SEC_DESC_V>")));

NWF$('#' + txtField5).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<EMPLOYEE_NUMBER>")+17, tst.lastIndexOf("</EMPLOYEE_NUMBER>")));
NWF$('#' + txtField5p).val(tst.substring(tst.lastIndexOf("<EMPLOYEE_NUMBER>")+17, tst.lastIndexOf("</EMPLOYEE_NUMBER>")));
}
);

});

0 Kudos
kchaluvadi
Workflow Veteran

Jump to solution

You can use the "Calculated control" to show the value of a SharePoint list, and calculated controls cannot be edit by users.  

Otherwise, update your script to enable the read-only control, fill the value and then disable. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos