Task for Group of People, but every individual response needs to update a separate field

• 21 January 2021
  • 0 replies

Dear all,

first off: thanks for this forum. I'm relatively new in Nintex and this is a treasure trove for most everything I need 🙂

However, I'm now at a point where I cannot google my way out of the problem.

General Setup:

I'm building a change request process using a state machine, where several project members have to review a change request and - if the request concerns their area of work - need to enter a solution description and effort estimate. Every 'workstream' has its own field (e.g. Workstream 1 - Solution Description, Workstream 1 - Workstream Status, Workstream 2 - Solution Description, Workstream 2 - Workstream Status, etc.).

Problem:

I want to send a task to every project member that will ask them to make a decision:

a) Either they aren't impacted by the change request -> then they have to click on "Not impacted" in the task; this should set THEIR workstream status to "Not impacted", but not touch all the other workstreams

b) OR they are impacted by the change request -> then they have to provide some info via the nintex form and click on "evaluated" in the task; this click should set THEIR workstream status to "Evaluated", but not touch all the other workstreams

Solution attempt:

I have set up a flexi task that creates individual tasks for the individual project members, but I can't make it update only the field that an individual project member is responsible for.

(e.g. the workstream lead for "Training" clicks on not impacted, which should only set the "Training - Workstream Status" field to "Not Impacted").

Do you guys have any ideas?

EDIT: I'm of course aware that I could simply make 10 different flexitasks, on for each project member, but that strikes me as highly inelegant

Many thanks and cheers,

Dennis 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!