Special characters not interpreted in SharePoint

Badge +2

Hi,

Context

I have a form which uses several workflows. These workflows also use several User Defined Actions. However, I'm experiencing an issue when I respond to a Workflow task. When I insert a comment which includes special characters, it is displayed correctly. The comment is save to a SharePoint list but it is not displayed properly : at first, a lot of these special characters were displayed as HTML characters.

What I tried

To fix the problem, I checked the columns' 'type of text'. Since it is a 'Multiple lines of text' columns, the type was set to 'Rich text'. I changed it to 'Plain text' and most of the HTML characters were corrected.

The problem

However, some of these HTML characters were not fixed when I switched the type of text. The characters I identified are : < ; > ; @ ; &
I think that the problem occurs in the Workflows or the UDAs because I inserted these characters in a comment field (which has for type 'Multiple lines of text' set as 'Rich text') and they were interpreted correctly.
Does anyone have encountered a similar issue with special characters ? If yes, what did you do to correct it ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS: this is the string I used for the test : "Super (comment), <yes>; !magnifique#: $*ù%µ£[]|è-'"é&"'(-è_çà),;:??./?{console.writeln "test";}"

Regards,

georges619

0 replies

Be the first to reply!