Replacement for infopath form collection for a XML Document Library

Hi,

Is it possible to replace or redesign Infopath forms for XML document library in SPO ?
It throws error when i try to create the form in Nintex form .

18851i5D03AFA457D56895.png
Or do i need to create a list and handle all the variables in the Nintex form ?
Please suggest what approach shall i go with.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

You cannot create a Nintex Form on Forms library.  Instead, create a SharePoint list and craete a Nintex Form. Then you can create variables, rules, also use can have many runtime functions. 

Thanks for responding , i have already started working on list as a workaround but here again i see there are very limited option available in responsive designer for rules , and same goes for classic mode as well but i have read that classic mode supports javascript hence custom rules can be added there , but classic mode looks lot of work  because i am dealing with around 100 columns ,so it will involve lot of efforts to one by one add custom javascripts for each column and its layout issue is also a big challenge to deal with.
its very difficult to achieve all the similar functionalities from old Infopath 2010 in Nintex form .
I hope its get better in future 

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi Ullas,

You are correct, new responsive mode does not support javascript, but the rules are powerful and easy to use compare to classic form rule. All the best with your requirement.