Nintex Workflow: List A to B back to A

Running into a problem with some workflows and I need some help.

I have two lists I am using. List A and B. List A is copying data to List B. This part of the workflow is working fine. List B then uses another workflow to update list B status based on users actions. Works fine too. Where I am struggling is in my third workflow where I want List B to use an update item and write back to List A without creating a new item on List A.

Ex: List A: Columns 1,2,3,4,5, and ID; List B with named columns to match List A minus ID.

• List A uses WFa to create items columns 1,2,3,4,5 and writes ID to SP ID column I created on List B
  • Users will then make changes to column 5 in List B. WFb uses update item to update Column 3 on List B based on a completed Y/N field in Column 5 in List B.

Goal is that:

• WFc on List B will then take newly updated status of column 3 and modify the status of column 3 on List A using SPID to link back to the ID of the item in List A.

Tried multiple methods of updating item without success. Would also love to be able to say run WFc after WFb. 

Clear as mud? 😀

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Which action are you using to update the List A item? Can you provide a screen shot of its configuration? 

We are close to a solution and then I will put together a summary of what we did.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Excellent. Looking forward to reading it