carriecalvi
Forms Fledgling

List Lookup Needs to Filter in Look Up List order in Dropdown vs Alpha Order

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have a classic on prem form for SharePoint 2013 where I have a look up used for a cascading lookup below it which is working fine.  The issue I am having is my look up list is showing up in alpha order and I need it to show up "Calendar Month" view or as it shows up in my look up list.

My look up list is this:

Look Up list orderLook Up list order

Then in the form the look up is this:

Lookup lnfo in formLookup lnfo in form

But the Dropdown is like this:

Dropdown not in right orderDropdown not in right order

How can I get this to view in "Calendar Order" or as it shows in look up list.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aleximo
Cloud Wanderer

Re: List Lookup Needs to Filter in Look Up List order in Dropdown vs Alpha Order

Jump to solution

Hey,

u have to enter ur listview name here:

Aleximo_0-1629873913681.png

0 Kudos
carriecalvi
Forms Fledgling

Re: List Lookup Needs to Filter in Look Up List order in Dropdown vs Alpha Order

Jump to solution

So I have tried putting the Qtrly Request Month Column, the Actual look up column and nothing works.  Still displays same.

0 Kudos
Aleximo
Cloud Wanderer

Jump to solution

The source view should be: Calendar Month or Calender Order (dont know how ur view is named)

U have to enter the name of the view 🙂

0 Kudos
carriecalvi
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Sorry I am not understanding.  My look up list is shown above and the column I need and that order is Month of Request.  I have the Lookup control on page but that is attached to a Single Line text field called Qtrly Request Month.  Does that help?

0 Kudos
Aleximo
Cloud Wanderer

Jump to solution

U wrote: "I need it to show up "Calendar Month" view"

So thats ur "source view": Calender Month 🙂

Aleximo_1-1630005598835.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
carriecalvi
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Ahhhh Ok, you got me on the right path but it is tricky because you have to un-connect field first to get to the list info.

Connect list, Source View and ColumnConnect list, Source View and Column

then you re-connect field and it hides all this so that is what was messing me up.

Lookup reconnectedLookup reconnected

0 Kudos