Individual emails sent when using Flexi Task

• 14 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I had created a workflow in Nintex for my share point list that was sending an email to the people in two different list fields.   When testing, it sent a single email to all in each of the two fields at the appropriate time.   Someone else in my group re-did our workflow using Flexi-task, and when using the same email, it’s now sending a single email to the individuals from those two fields.   Anyone in the cc or bcc fields are now getting multiple emails as it’s sending a single email to each in the “to” field from our group list.

In the “assign flexi task” part of the workflow, the option for “create individual tasks for all group members” is unchecked, but it’s not sending a single email to the group of people in these two fields; it’s sending individual ones to all of them and including those who are cced and bcced on all.

Does anyone know how to fix this and get it to send a single email to a group through this flexi task function?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Rfinger22 

What you are mentioning is the normal behaviour but it is just the standard behaviour of Sharepoint task notifications, as each assignee (To) receives their own instance of a task for they get their own notification, as the BCC and CC are the same on each notification, they are copied in multiple times.

Personally I would approach this in a different way, I would use the tasks without CC or BCC in the notifications and instead use a parallel branch to notify any stakeholders with the task on one side and an email notification on another, Stakeholders wouldn't be able to complete the tasks anyways unless they are site admins so being on the task notification is not really needed.

It would then really depend on what role you want the stakeholders to have in how you would set that up.

Hope this helps

Jake