Email header field moving button placement on mail enabled workflow task

Badge +1

I have an odd one. We have Nintex (and) SharePoint 2019 Server running. Until recently, emails had been sent via an internal Exchange Server, and everything was working normally - Everything displayed as expected, and the 'OK' and 'Cancel' buttons sat on the screen as normal in the workflow task form.

A few weeks ago, we migrated to O365 and Exchange Online (EXO), while keeping our internal SharePoint server unchanged. Since this migration to EXO, the email header information for the initiating item contains much larger strings that do not seem to wrap, thereby expanding the field size to 3-4 times the normal width. This is expanding the width of the Workflow Task form, and pushing the 'OK' and 'Cancel' buttons off the screen, causing many of my users to think they have disappeared completely.

-had anyone experienced this (or something similar) before?

-Is there a way to turn 'word wrap' on for the email header field? I have looked for this column, and can't find it in any of the normal SharePoint spots, which makes me think it's a Nintex special... I could be wrong though.

-Is there a way to edit the workflow form to move the button manually?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Trent.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Good day, @Trent_S - 

This one certainly sounds like a great case for Nintex Support.  Have you logged a ticket with them, by chance?

Regards, 

-Sam

Badge +1

Hey Sam,

No, I haven't; I thought I'd try here first. 🙂

It's where I'm headed right now though, seeing as yours is my only reply in a workday... thanks.

Trent.