Permission to Run

Is there a way to keep a Nintex workflow from being made available to users. I know I can do it in the workflow, but I want to deny access to the form itself if a user isn't authe

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @mjs1 

You can set a Form to be used by Authenticated users or Anyone

If you want more granular permission, well its not there. Any authenticated users can use any Apps/WFs. However there is a workaround for this thru the Permission settings in the Connection setting e.g. HR Apps are only for HR Team Members, use the Permission setting for the Connection.

While a user may use any HR Apps, they may not connect to read/write to the connected system.

Hope that helps

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@mjs1 

For NWC form start event it is authenticated or anonymous.

If you do not select 'My Nintex' on the form options then a user will need to know the URL of the form.

Typically you would publish the link to the start form on an intranet, etc.

as @Garrett mentioned there is no granular level of permission that can have the form published on the my nintex dashboard. Those are available to any authenticated user.

There is a user request in for more restrictions on this if you would like to up vote it

Security trim a form so only users who have permissions can access the form – Customer Feedback for Nintex (uservoice.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @mjs1 

I suggested to set a Form to be used by Authenticated users 

Was my suggestion of any help? Please let me know, so I can see if I'm able to assist further.