Customize Signature Jotblock which is prefilled with first name and last name.

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We are using AssureSign as eSign provider for documents. We embed a jotblock inside document and submit this document to AssureSign using WCF.

While signing this document and choosing to type the signature, text box is pre filled with First name and last name. Is there any way we can have this field as blank? Please check attachment for more details.

5 replies

I am not familiar with using Workflow Cloud, only AssureSign, so I'm not sure if this answer will help. In the AssureSign UI, the Full Name field for a signature JotBlock typed with a keyboard will always prefill with the name you gave to the Signer when creating the envelope. You cannot have the name of a Signer be blank, but you could make it more generic (i.e. when you add the signer, call it 'Your Name Here' or 'Employee Name'). Alternatively, if you change the signature JotBlock to only allow 'Drawn with touch, mouse, or stylus', then no text will prefill when the signer is prompted to sign.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Yes it is required to send a name from Nintex Workflow cloud but like @jennajentges mentioned you could use a Your Name Here or Employee Name as what is being passed by the get a signature action, then the signer can type their name and replace that message. Just be aware if the signer doesnt type their name over the message, the message would become the signature. You could either hard code the message like in the attached file or use a workflow variable to pass it over but it cannot be blank. Or set the signature jotblock to just allow Drawn with touch mouse or stylus.

Badge +1

We are using AssureSign as eSign provider for documents. We embed a jotblock inside document and submit this document to AssureSign using WCF.

While signing this document and choosing to type the signature, text box is pre filled with First name and last name. Is there any way we can have this field as blank? Please check attachment for more details.

Badge +1

Yes it is required to send a name from Nintex Workflow cloud but like @jennajentges mentioned you could use a Your Name Here or Employee Name as what is being passed by the get a signature action, then the signer can type their name and replace that message. Just be aware if the signer doesnt type their name over the message, the message would become the signature. You could either hard code the message like in the attached file or use a workflow variable to pass it over but it cannot be blank. Or set the signature jotblock to just allow Drawn with touch mouse or stylus.

Thanks for the reply. This is helpful to get a clear idea.

Badge +1

I am not familiar with using Workflow Cloud, only AssureSign, so I'm not sure if this answer will help. In the AssureSign UI, the Full Name field for a signature JotBlock typed with a keyboard will always prefill with the name you gave to the Signer when creating the envelope. You cannot have the name of a Signer be blank, but you could make it more generic (i.e. when you add the signer, call it 'Your Name Here' or 'Employee Name'). Alternatively, if you change the signature JotBlock to only allow 'Drawn with touch, mouse, or stylus', then no text will prefill when the signer is prompted to sign.

Thanks for the reply. This is helpful to get a clear idea.