After an upgrade from 4.7 to 5.1, when you are attempting to run the Save As PDF control's Save As PDF or Save as PDF Async method on a SmartForm, you will get the error below and the PDF is not created:
Steps to Resolve:
1. Open the SmartObject Tester tool ("C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\Bin\SmartObject Service Tester.exe")
2. Expand ServiceObject Explorer > PDF Converter Service instance > PDF Converter Service Object. Right-click on the Service Object and select create SmartObject.
3. On this window, click the Get Existing GUID button. The GUID should be:
4. In the Category box, add the path to the PDFConverter SmartObject which is:
System\Controls\Save as PDF
5. Click Publish SmartObject. Click yes to overwriting the SmartObject.
6. Go to the SmartObject and confirm that the SmartObject now shows the 4 Margin Properties (Left, Right, Top, Bottom) on the properties and methods.
7. Test the form behavior by saving a PDF. The error should now be gone and the PDF will be created as expected.