During an upgrade attempt from K2 4.7 to K2 Five, if cancelling out of the update/upgrade manager (before the upgrade process actually starts); this can cause the current K2 4.7 sites and other K2 areas to stop functioning. The following errors may be seen in different areas:
Example scenarios that could result in this situation includes:
- Running the K2 Five Setup Manager, seeing components currently installed on the server, then canceling out.
- Running the K2 Five Setup Manager to get the SystemKey to request LicenseKey, but then canceling out.
- Running the K2 Five Setup Manager with the intention to upgrade, when a warning is thrown regarding K2 Role(s) that makes use of SmartObject members; forcing you to cancel out of the wizard to address the issue first before it will allow you to proceed (https://help.k2.com/kb002145).
This is a known issue due to the K2 Five update/upgrade manager replacing certain 4.7 assemblies with K2 Five upgrade assemblies in the K2 Blackpearl directory and the GAC, but failing to revert them on cancellation.
1. A fix/workaround is available and can be obtained by logging a Support ticket.
2. If a virtual machine (VM) snapshot was created of the K2 server prior to the upgrade attempt, reverting the snapshot should restore operation.
3. Perform a repair of K2 Blackpearl 4.7 and re-apply any CU/FP as needed.