cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to request the user to update the item?

I am making a Approval workflow.

There are two options for the approver i.e. Approve, Revise

What I would like to achieve is, when the approver approves the request, the workflow continues, however, if the approver rejects, an email would be sent to the initiator.

Something like this:

However, there is no "request for update" similar actions.

Is there any workaround for this?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to request the user to update the item?

I normally have a "changes required" state and use the wait for item update action before sending the item back through approval.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, however, the item have several columns, but the "wait for item update action" only supports one column. So how can I use "OR" function in the "wait for item update action"?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Have you got a status column against your item?

Generally I have

• Awaiting submission
  • awaiting approval
  • awaiting changes
  • resubmitted
  • etc

so initially it would be awaiting submission, and when workflow kicks off awaiting approval.  if rejected I would put awaiting changes and on the form deal with updating the status to resubmitted or similar when the changes on the form have been made?

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I am close to a solution. Just want to know which action should I use for "let the user to update the item". I tried to use "Request data" action but unfortunately, since the user will upload attachments to the list, it's quite hard for me to make a form to let user to update the list through that form. So I am thinking of using the "Edit" form to edit the item directly. What I'm doing now is to send a notification mail to the user with a link to the edit form. So the problem is, when the user clicks the save button, I can't capture that event. Is there any way to achieve?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply