After applying fixpack, certain forms or views are blank during runtime

• 16 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Issue

After installing a Fix Pack, some forms or views are blank during runtime but are unaffected when opened in Designer. Forms may spin while loading but eventually initialize and a blank screen appears.

Example:

19554i02A3BFA114761B65.png

Resolution

A previous bug allowed K2 forms/views with their visibilities set to 'False' to actually be visible during runtime. Some users may have inadvertently un-checked 'Visible' from the General options in Designer and the setting went unnoticed until the bug was patched. Ensure that 'Visible' is selected for that form/view under the General options in K2 Designer.

19555i9AB1266DF778AE1A.png

In case you have multiple forms with this issue, you can easily identify all forms with 'Visible' property set to False using the below script:

SELECT [Name] ,[DisplayName] ,[Properties] FROM [Form].[Form] WHERE cast(Properties as varchar(max)) like '%IsVisible</Name>%<Value>false%' AND CreatedBy <> 'K2SQL:System'

Additional Information

This was a bug was patched in:

5.4 Fix Pack 44

5.5 Fix Pack 02

Cloud Update 18 Fix Pack 2

Related Links

4 replies

Ive installed FP46 on one of our QA environment. Still making certain forms blank, can anyone else confirm?

@Prineel_V2 Did you verify if the "Visible" property is checked on the forms that are not loading? There was a bug fixed in fp44 that would allow forms with the "Visible" option unchecked to display. Since the bug has now been fixed, forms with the "Visible" option unchecked are no longer showing up,  which is the expected behavior. 

@HerdofKnoxen , I am aware that FP44 made forms not visible. I installed FP46 from FP38 (did not install FP44), certain forms are still being marked as not visible. My question is, has anyone installed FP46 or FP45 from a previous version other than FP44 and is experiencing the same issue?  

Badge +9

@Prineel_V2 , did you reach out to support perhaps?