Unable to deploy a SharePoint solution with deployment error: "Incompatibility Found"
The user cannot deploy a package containing SharePoint Artifacts. The following error appears:
"Request for Service is not able to be mapped to Request for Services due to differences between source package and target environment."
This is most likely due to columns missing in the source environment or columns in the target environment not being configured exactly the same as the source environment.
For all the properties identified below, ensure that the column(s) in the Target exist and have exactly the same name, data type and settings as found in the Source:
Item: Restore Version By ID.
Reason: Restore Version By ID Method is missing from the package.
SymptomsUpon investigation it was discovered:
- The client has two K2 Servers connected to one SharePoint AppCatalog.
- When they upgraded to K2 Five, they ran all the steps (Registration Wizard, Deploy and Activate the K2 for SharePoint App) only for 1 K2 Server.
This is why the System recognized that this particular SmartObject originating from the 2nd K2 Server as "Out of Sync".
Troubleshooting StepsThis article helped troubleshoot the issue: https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt139424
To resolve this we had to complete the below steps for the 2nd K2 Server:
1. Run SharePoint Registration Wizard
2. Redeploy the App on the required Site Collection.
3. Reactivate the App on the required Site Collection.
Now when navigating to the required list/library, in the K2 artifacts page it gave the option to "Regenerate" the SmartObject. We are now able to create a new package after the above steps were completed and are now able to deploy successfully.