Create a "Link to a Document" in a library with Nintex Workflow (Sharepoint Online)

• 15 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to create a document with Content Type "Link to a Document" in a Document library (more exactly: in a document set). I using the Action "Office 365 upload file" to the create the .aspx page (with the correct Content Type). Sharepoint Online does not trigger the redirect, when I click on the Link in the library, but downloads the page.

This is the setup of the action:

3145i47273F510280BF8E.png

3144i454265470A4411B6.png

As "File to Upload" (content) I pass the following (copied from a working Link ASPX file). Notepad compare shows no differences in the content, but the manual created Link redirects correcty and the Nintex created Link does not redirect.

<%@ Assembly Name='Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' %>
	<%@ Register TagPrefix='SharePoint' Namespace='Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls' Assembly='Microsoft.SharePoint' %>
		<%@ Import Namespace='System.IO' %>
			<%@ Import Namespace='Microsoft.SharePoint' %>
				<%@ Import Namespace='Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities' %>
					<%@ Import Namespace='Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls' %>
						<html xmlns:mso="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:msdt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882">
							<head>
								<meta name='progid' content='SharePoint.Link' />
								<!--[if gte mso 9]><SharePoint:CTFieldRefs runat=server Prefix="mso:" FieldList="FileLeafRef,URL0"><xml> <mso:CustomDocumentProperties> <mso:ContentTypeId msdt:dt="string">0x01010A00B35A61E2A80FE44A835E7B7809EA6303</mso:ContentTypeId> <mso:IconOverlay msdt:dt="string">|aspx?List="LISTID"&amp;Source="LISTURL"|linkoverlay.gif</mso:IconOverlay> <mso:_x0055_RL0 msdt:dt="string">https://google.de, https://google.de</mso:_x0055_RL0> </mso:CustomDocumentProperties> </xml></SharePoint:CTFieldRefs><![endif]-->
							</head>
							<body>
								<form id='Form1' runat='server'>
									<SharePoint:UrlRedirector id='Redirector1' runat='server' />
								</form>
							</body>
						</html>

I also tried to use the "Create List item" but the Redirect is also not working.

Do you have an advice for me?

3 replies

Badge +17

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to accomplish but thats not a big deal. More than likely, the manual url works because you're putting the entire URL there. 

With Nintex, it is reading either the relative URL or site URL or Encoded URL. You can try starting with a "./document name.aspx" or something to see if that . helps, but again not 100% what your aim is on this. 

Badge +1

Hi and thanks for your feedback!

Can give me an example how I have to setup the "Create an Item" or  "Office 365 upload file" action to create a file in a doc library with Content Type "Link to a Document"?

Badge +3
Did you find a solution?