Display View of calculated field not displaying calculation

• 22 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +7

I have a form that has calculated fields.  While the field is correct in the "Edit View" of the form, in the "Display View" of the form, the field is not displaying the calculation.  The "recalculate formula on view mode" is set to "yes."

Does anyone know how I should fix or troubleshoot this?

7 replies

Badge +7

Make sure the View setting is set to Yes:

218826_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +7

It is set to yes.  I probably should have stated that above.

Badge +7

In that case, you should probably post screenshots of your form controls with their settings, and also the formula itself. Give as much info as you can so others can help recreate the issue on their environments.

Badge +7

Hi Chad - I've posted screenshots of the calculated field and formula (last one below).  Please let me know.  Thanks!

Calculated field; Display view and Edit viewFields on FormEdit FieldFormula

Badge +7

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have time to look any further into this until maybe later this week, and I'm not seeing anything obvious that would be causing the issue. Hopefully someone else in the community can use your info to figure it out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you add calculate value controls on the form with following  formulas

ConsultingCost

replace(ConsultingCost,"$",'')

sum([ConsultingCost])

sum([replace(ConsultingCost,"$",'')])

and post how do they evaluate in edit and view mode.

make sure they all recalculate in view mode

Badge +3

I think it's having an issue with replacing the $ because replace uses regular expressions and $ is a special character. You may need to replace the commas also so try a regular expression that replaces everything but the numbers and the decimal point like this. 

sum([replace(ConsultingCosts,"[^0-9.]",''),replace(LicensingCosts,"[^0-9.]",''),replace(HardwareCosts,"[^0-9.]",''),replace(TrainingCosts,"[^0-9.]",''),replace(OtherCosts,"[^0-9.]",'')])