No mailing to Active directory group or claim-token user possible

• 9 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

If I enter a user with the people picker or if I use a SharePoint group the mailing is possible.

However if I want to send an email to an active directory (security or distribution) group. It does not work.

An user lookup from a list does also not work. I receive the error " Failed to send notification. Cannot get the full name or e-mail address of user "#DisplayName". Always there is an hash before the display name, so that the name cannot be resolved (not found).

Does somebody know a solution about this?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Regarding the user lookup, in the set variable action, you can click on the ellipsis next to the Field and select Email Address.

Regarding sending an email to an AD group, you will need to perform an LDAP query to get all the members of this group and send an email to all the members.

Hope this helps

Badge +4

Hi Caroline,

Thank you very much for your help!

This part really helps me: "Regarding the user lookup, in the set variable action, you can click on the ellipsis next to the Field and select Email Address." That is a great hint. Thank you.

Oops. "Regarding sending an email to an AD group, you will need to perform an LDAP query to get all the members of this group and send an email to all the members." Is such a workaround really necessary? Is it not possible to use the AD group in the To-Field of a notification? For SharePoint-groups it works.

Have a nice day and in any case thank you.

Andy

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Andy,

You're welcome wink.png

You can use an AD group in the "To" field of a notification but it will send an email to the email address of the AD group and not to the email address of all the members of the AD group. You can try and check the recipient of the sent email.

If you need help to implement the workaround, don't hesitate.

Have a nice day,

Caroline

Badge +4

Hi Caroline,

it is clear for me now. Thank you for the excellent explanation. grin.png

I think I am able to implement the workaround myself. If not I will not hesitate to ask.

Thank you sooooooo much! blush.png

Andy

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Great happy.png

I'm glad that I could help you