Infopath with Sharepoint Submitting?

• 21 March 2005
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
I currently have a Infopath process which is intergrated with sharepoint. I want however for this form to be uploaded to a sharepoint document library as the final stage (and put on the finished view as the default view). I thought this would be easy but it seems its trickier then I thought.

The Sharepoint upload function asks for a document (which i clearly dont have from the infopath wizard) and the Infopath Activity is a client event (I want this to be an automated server event after a manager has approved the form from another infopath activity).

Any tips?

3 replies

Badge +5
If you look at the options for the InfoPath activity (Form event), you can disable the option to delete the temporary form and even select where on SharePoint you can store it.
Badge +4
That will not allow the view to be switched first, though.

It's fairly straight forward to switch the view and save to Sharepoint. You should have an event called "Infopath Change View". Use this to switch the view to whatever view you want.

To get the document into Sharepoint, use the "Sharepoint 2003 Document" event. Specify the Sharepoint site, specify an action of "upload". When prompted for "folder", enter the document library to upload to. Give it a file name and include some piece of the XML data in the file name that can help ensure uniqueness among instancess (folio, SN, etc).
Badge +5
Thanks, Steven. I was a little skeptic about uploading the schema via the Sharepoint Document event, but it works wonders! Now, on to the SQL event testing..