Extract Field Date From Repeating Section

• 21 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

I need to two fields in a repeating section to get written to a list.

• ResponsibleBU
  • CompletionDate

I'm not well skilled in XML so can someone please tell me what I should fill in in the second image below?

XML Source - obviously I need to reference the variable "WorkActivitiesDataExtract", but what is the correct reference/syntax I should use?

And the XPath to retrieve the value of the two fields.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

As XML source use list field  (item property) which you have repeating section connected to.

as XPath expression use simply:

//ResponsibleBU

Badge +9

Hi Marian

Thanks for your reply. My thought is that I should use the XML stored in the WorkActivitiesDataExtract variable from the Extract Field from Repeating Section UDA, and then output using XPath. (see below).

I actually have a total of 4 fields that I need to output from WorkActivitiesDataExtract.

I tried using the item property like you suggested and it doesn't work.Also the workflow error-ed with the following message:

Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I do not know your UDA and I do not know what output it provides in WorkActivitiesDataExtract 

as I said, if you use as XML source the filed where you store repeating section control content then this should work.

Badge +9

If I I output the XML to a column - can I use the same XPath to get what I need?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Sure