How to write a formula to see if a checkbox is unchecked?

• 23 June 2021
  • 2 replies

I am trying to assign a formula to a textbox so that it populates with the user's name when the checkbox is toggled and clears the box and updates the textbox with the new user when the checkbox is toggled by another user. 

It works to a point but once the form is saved and the boolean is saved to the connected sharepoint list, the checkbox will not update.

This is the rule I am using for the checkbox: 

blnStartDate=="Yes"

*blnStartDate is the column the boolean is saved to in Sharepoint

Formula attached to the text box:

If(EmailAnticipatedStartDate=="No", "", If(EmailAnticipatedStartDate&&isNullOrEmpty(tsUpdate Anticipated Start By), Current User (Display Name), tsUpdate Anticipated Start By))

*If the checkbox equals "No" then display nothing. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi,

What do you meant by "It works to a point but once the form is saved and the boolean is saved to the connected sharepoint list, the checkbox will not update."?

When the value in the textbox is not changed? - When you edit the item and toggle the check box?

Can you also please share the screenshot where and how you setup the formula to the textbox?

I mean that once the collected date is passed to the Sharepoint list and if saved entry is edited, the data is not able to be updated because the connected text boxes are not updating to show the current user and date.