I do not find my output for \Log in History List\"

Badge +9

My WF has selected to record messages in the NintexWorkflowHistory.  I see items in NintexWorkflowHistory, but I can not find any of the "Log in History List" I created...Where do I find these  I want to troubleshoot an error that is occurring so I placed Log In History List thru-out the WF, but I do not see these logs  ?  

14 replies

Badge +16

if you select the workflow status column on the item you should see it.

or select the item, workflows, choose the workflow and you should see it there?

Badge +9

I see in Action History of the WF "Log in History List" but I do not see the log verbiage anywhere

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi David,

if you miss some specific log entries in the history list the most common cause would be that the logging action is hidden from workflow status. If an action is hidden from workflow status also it's logs will be hidden.

Could you make sure that the action is not hidden from workflow status directly and it's also not in a hidden container action?

If all actions are not hidden (and therefore should be visible when you start the workflow) could it be that the workflow is logging to a different history list?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +16

can you show us configuration of "log in history list" action please?

Badge +9

Where do I check if it is hidden from WF status ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Just to be clear, if you "View Workflow History" on an item, or for a site workflow, do you not see your Log to History output?

Badge +9

Hi Mike..Let me ck in the morning...thx

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

To check if its hidden from workflow status just open the configuration of your action, open the common tab. There you'll find a checkbox "hidden from workflowstatus".

If your action is nested in another action (action group, condition or whatever) check its confiugration too as all nested action will be hidden from workflow status, if the action above does so.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

OK, because I think perhaps your question and what the others are addressing aren't the same issue.    If you are using the "Log to History" action, then you will see this text output into the Workflow History and not in a task list.

Badge +9

I see a WF action called "Log in History List".  So I drag this action over to the canvas and configure the action to say.."Starting date calculation"...  If I look on my Workflow History list I do not see "Starting date calculation"...where would I see this...

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

On-prem -  So if we are talking about a workflow that runs on an item, click on the "..." next to the item, and then "View Workflow History", then under either Running or Complete workflows, click on the workflow name.   Then click on "Click here to show detailed view" - at the bottom of the page that appears you will see the Workflow Messages section that lists all of your Log to History data.

Site workflows are similar, but you click on the gear in the upper right corner, then View Workflow history.... so on and so forth.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Here is what I just explained, but visually depicted Demystifying Workflow History (Part 1) 

Scroll down until you see the image that shows clicking on the "View Workflow History"

Badge +9

Hi Mike...that was perfect.  That explained everything I needed to know.  However, when I go to Site Menu > Site Settings > “Manage Workflow History Lists” under Nintex Workflow I see I have 100,000 rows...I want to clear it down to 10,000, but it will not let me delete such a large number.  I do not have access to SQL so how can I delete a large amount of items.  What is the largest amount it will allow me to delete ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Here is a post that explains some of the methods to clearing a history list.   

Please mark my answer correct above if it answered your original post happy.png