Solved

Export list into excel

• 30 March 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +9

I know we can export a list into excel, but does anyone know a way to automate this? Or maybe something similar? My end goal is to archive the items from a list into a document of some kind, every month to a library.

icon

Best answer by rencygonzalez 31 March 2016, 17:26

View original

9 replies

Badge +9

Actually I found something that Vadim Tabakman​ created and works great!

Nintex Workflow - List to CSV UDA - Vadim Tabakman

Thank you soooooo much Vadim!!

Badge +9

Hi Ratnesh

I will post up the link again. Try googling Vadim Tabakman list to excel and it will take you to his blog post on this. He provides a video and you can download the UDA he  has provided. Let me know if you need anything else.

Nintex Workflow - List to CSV UDA - Vadim Tabakman

Badge +6

Any way to achieve something similar to this on Office 365?

Badge +9

Hi Jonathan

I am not sure how this would work on Office 365 environment. I am using sp 2013 on prem so it worked great.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Jonathan, did you ever find a solution to this? I'm attempting to achieve the same thing.

Badge +2

Hi, 
I used Vadim's workflow to export my sp list to csv. This is really very helpful. Now I have a requirement to filter the rows based on the value of a specific field. Can someone help me with the XSLT for such filter.

I just want those rows that has the contains the word "approved" as the value for a specific column called status. I hope this has to be implemented in the UDA's Query XML Action to transform XML to CSV.

Badge +4

@jothi I am also trying to do the same thing, did you find a solution of how to filter the data before exporting? 

Badge +12

@rencygonzalez .....I'm also trying to use it in 2013 but first to build the chunk for CSV file it's taking too much time. For me it took 25 min or so for just 5 items with 5 columns. And then in web request, I'm geeting an error message i.e. "Error performing web request. The remote server returned an error: (414) REQUEST URI TOO LONG". For creating a CSV in a doc. lib. I'm using "webURL/XYZ/currentdate_currenttime.csv"

Could you please confirm if it's taking this long to build your CSV chunk and also what am I doing wrong in web request action?

Thanks,

K

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

FYI Folks... the blog with this solution has moved to Vadim's new blog site, WorkflowExcellence.com and can be found here .