Upgrade Workflows from 2010 to 2013

• 30 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

So I have a question about how I would go about upgrading my workflows from 2010 to 2013. 

Environment: SharePoint 2013 / Nintex Workflow 2013

The issue is that when I go to the Workflow settings on my 2013 site collection, it says that all of my workflows are 2010 and not 2013.

A little history: so last summer we migrated from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.  At the time the decision was made to NOT to bring over the Nintex DB's but to move over the SharePoint content DB's and then run a powershell script (by Vadim Tabakman) to republish all of our workflows (which worked great).

http://vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-powershell-find-all-workflows-and-export-or-republish-part-3.aspx

Only recently did I notice that it seems that all the workflows are still 2010 workflows and I bet we are missing out on all the new features in 2013.  How would I go about "upgrading" these workflows to 2013 since we have 2013.  Is it as simple as deactivating the feature and re-activating it?  I don't know so I hope someone smart can help me out.

Thank you for your time.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Have you actually purchased Nintex 2013?  That would be the first step.  This post may also help. Migrating/Upgrading - What you need to know.  There is also this document.  

Badge +11

Hi Robert,

there maybe some misunderstanding here. Nintex Workflow ALWAYS creates SharePoint 2010 workflows, as even Nintex 2016 is still using the SharePoint 2010 workflow engine. This may be the reason why all your workflows are shown as SharePoint 2010 version.

A SharePoint 2013 workflow could only be created via SharePoint-Designer or Visual Studio.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +2

Thank you Philipp, that makes more sense now.

Badge +11

, glad I could help you happy.png!

if your issue has been solved, please chose one answer and mark it as correct so other users can see that this has been solved.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards

Philipp