Log History Message - Strange Error - You Must Enter an Action Title

Badge +9

Sometimes when I try to configure a Log History Message, I get a strange error message which makes me abort and find another way like the "Common" Section of another control to display my variable.

The message is "You Must Display an Action Title". The Action Button is greyed out at that time. 

Later if I try it again, it works.

14 replies

Badge +11

That is strange. I've never had that happen. Which version of Nintex do you have?

Badge +9

ver 3.1.10.0

Badge +11

During those times when you get an error, are you trying to display in the log the same type of information or is it different?

Badge +9

Don't exactly know what you mean. I just put a reference variable to display. Sometimes I have some text and the a variable. Sometimes just text. I've seen this a number of times.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I have the same version as you ‌ and am encountering the same issues.  It's not just with the Log History action though.  I've had it happen with a number of actions.  Usually I can close the action, then reopen it and it will work fine.  Really annoying though when it happens.  Maybe this is a bug with this version.  Have you sent anything to Nintex support?

Badge +11

‌, it seems like we have a Nintex bug.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Image result for kill the bug meme

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm now experiencing this as well, on an on-prem workflow in the Query List action. It was working about 30 minutes ago and now when I go to save the workflow (with no changes to this action), it gives me this:

However, my action is not greyed out, as ‌ mentioned his was.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

If you notice, the Action, Labels, Common, and Variables menu items are all grayed out.  This is an indicator that there is an issue and you will get the error.  When I see this, I will close out the action, and reopen it, and it will resolve the problem. It seems that when the action opens, those components aren't loading, so the action things the Action Title is missing, which is why it's throwing the error.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh THAT action button. Got it. Thanks

Closing and reopening the action (several times) did not resolve for me :/

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hmmm....Well, you could try...

Image result for i got nothing meme

Badge +4

Hi,

sometime, it is also internet browser problem. It happend to me, that some action should be configured twice, because if the nice behaviour of the browser.

Maybe you can only check the issue in other browser or update to the newer version of NW.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is still happening - ‌ Do we have any kind of bug updates on this one? happy.png

I'm using IE and am on the newest version of WF. (This was happening in the last version of WF as well.)

Badge +1

I noticed this happened when I copied an instruction from one side of an if-statement to the other.  Deleting the pasted instruction and re-creating by hand resolved the problem for me.