Drop Down Resetting to Default Value

• 8 October 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

Hi Community,

I have a couple drop downs on a mutli-view/panel form. This form allows users to step through the company's travel form using buttons.  In one particular part we have drop down controls that the user must pick a choice from and then based off that choice a calculation field runs a calculation. Here is the problem when the user either goes back a page or forward a page the drop downs are resetting back to a default value of blank which then messes up the calculation fields when the user submits.  Also the drop downs still show the user the choice they made its just the value does not stay stored as they move around inside the form. How can i keep the drops downs from resetting the value back to blank?

When user first selects values.

Before Panel next.PNG

After user has moved about in the form and came back to the page.

After Panel Next.PNG

The calculations and everything come out the way they are to. its just the drop down choice is not holding as user moves around

Any insight or how i can fix this is helpful.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 reply

Badge +8

I have found a work around for this. Instead of having buttons to move the user through the form which was resetting the values of the choice control back to default values, to a tab functionality where user has tabs across the top of the form to move them along.  This was accomplished by using CREATING TABBED FORMS IN NINTEX FORMS FOR OFFICE 365 and Create Tab like functionality on your Nintex Forms.