EuanGamble
Communicator

Re: New Resposonsive (Office365) - Current limitations

Jump to solution

Hi @eveN,

We are wanting to complete the Hyperlink control, but it is dependant on some other work we are currently doing.

To give some background, SharePoint manages complex data in an unusual way. By that I mean the hyperlink stores the hyperlink title and the hyperlink as a string which, behind the scenes looks like "myhyperlink#;https://myhyperlink.com". So when we want to do formulas and rules, the data is not particularly helpful and requires more work. We are working on better ways to deal with this data and making our product easier to use.

I don't have a date, but it is certainly in our plan.

Would a hyperlink in a Text - Long (rich text) control help?

Capture.PNG

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Communicator

Jump to solution

Hi @AnkurAgarawal,

Yes you can filter and use cascading drop downs. I have a video showing this functionality.

Cheers,
Euan

AnkurAgarawal
Scholar

Jump to solution

Thank you @EuanGamble this is amazing, I missed it somehow.

nemegeerm1
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi,

Why is there no option to type in a date ? The only way is to use a "non-intuitive way" of selecting year, month and day. Is this something that is considered ? Is there a work around ?

0 Kudos
riveranl
Scholar

Jump to solution

@nemegeerm1,Could you use a short text field?

0 Kudos
nemegeerm1
Scholar

Jump to solution

@riveranl Yes, ok I understand what you mean. But how do I the store the value in a date column ? I can only connect it to "single line of text" columns.

0 Kudos
rbachmann
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @EuanGamble 

Not being able to set the value through rules is acceptable as a limitation. But setting a default value through the list-settings is quite common. Therefore my customers don't really understand, why the column-default-value is not taken into consideration.

2020-01-29_15-56-59.jpg

Anyway, keep these updates coming. The new responsive designer really is a game-changer!

0 Kudos
riveranl
Scholar

Jump to solution

@nemegeerm1 Could you do it through a set value rule on submit? Don't attach the single line of text field to a column but have a hidden date field. Use a submit rule to set the value of the hidden date field to the value of the single line of text field. Alternatively you could have a workflow take the single line of text field value and write it to the date field.

0 Kudos
yhertel
Novice

Jump to solution

Love the new designer, but REALLY need the forms to work with the SharePoint Online webpart.  Also need to be able to redirect on submit.  Any ETA on either of these features?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
riveranl
Scholar

Jump to solution

@yhertel, You should be able to redirect on submit by selecting the button and then adding a URL into the pane on the right.ModernRedirect.PNG

0 Kudos