xMikeX
Apprentice

Re: Office 365: nintex service account

Any updates?   I really need this functionality.   I'm in one env where pw changes quite often and its...difficult to change all the actions necessary when needed.  Thanks team!

larry_bolton
Novice

The only thing I've been able to come up with is to create an a faux managed O365 account specifically for actions that require elevated privs. You can then set that one account to never expire. Aside from the benefit of a faux managed account, you also don't see items provisioned by the developer's account scattered all over the farm (or whichever account you use to elevate the action).

TomaszPoszytek

I'm doing exactly the same. I have one account dedicated for all "automatic" actions requiring user credentials.

xMikeX
Apprentice

Its a work around, but at some client sites its nearly impossible for them to get this kind of request pushed through.   Its all about what's in their security policies. 

Warwick
Scout

I have to agree, and another reason why Office 365 Nintex apps aren't really enterprise ready until a few critical features are implemented.

A thought I did have to make management simpler but risky is to store the user account password in a central place/list, with each workflow querying this list for the password and storing in a variable to use, when a password change is need it only needs to be updated in one place rather than 1000

0 Kudos
courtney_shelto
Apprentice

So, since this has now become "a thing" in our organization, can anyone tell me how the passwords are stored within the Workflow Action assuming you just use the "value" and type it in manually? Is it stored plaintext there? I know you get the "bubbles" or "asterisks" but how is this password actually stored?

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Apprentice

I had a colleague query Nintex about this same topic and he reported that Support said it was encrypted. 

0 Kudos
courtney_shelto
Apprentice

Awesome, thanks Mike! You don't happen to have any Nintex Documentation that asserts this, do you? I can't find any anywhere!

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Apprentice

Let me see if I can get the correspondance between my coworker and support.  

louise_rh
Scholar

Can anyone give an update on the progress of this?

We have recently moved from SP and Nintex on Prem to online and finding the functionality between on prem and online very different. 

Not being able to store secure passwords is not practical. The fact that this issue has been raised quite some time ago and nothing has been actioned is quite concerning.

0 Kudos