Solved

Lazy Approval Not Working for AD group - Office 365

• 4 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Dear Team,

Here is my scenario. I am using Nintex o365. I have an AD group which is in sync with AAD. I could see this group on SharePoint site. Now I am assigning a task to this group and enabled "Lazy Approval" functionality. Workflow was able to generate the task and I could see GUID showing on task subject line. I tried to reply back with "Approved" it didn't work.  Later I created a SP group and added this AD group there and assigned task to SP group. I could again see the task email with GUID but when I replied "approved" lazy approval didn't work. Now I simply added two users in my SP group instead of AD group. Both the users received the task and were able to approve using lazy approval. 

My question is what is wrong if I only add AD group in SP group or just assign task directly to AD group. Is there any specific setting required at AAD level ?

AD group -- This is a universal security group with email enabled.  

Note: This AD group is working fine in workflow. Group is receiving task emails and taking actions normally. Only lazy approval is having issue. 

Thanks,

Rahul

icon

Best answer by Warwick 5 April 2017, 04:10

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

I have a theory. This could be happening because AD group has associated email id. Now Nintex is expecting to get the reply from this particular email id instead of users who are part of that group. That's why it is not recognizing when a user is replying back as "approved".  

This is just my thought. Hope to hear more from expert.

Thanks,

Rahul

Badge +9

I take it you AD group is a Security Enabled Distribution group, even though it has an email Nintex workflow can't extract the users out if it to assign task to.

Options as far as i'm aware are

- use a SharePoint group and add individual users to it

- Add individual users within the Assign to task 

- Create a login enabled service account with a shared mail box, so users can respond As this account

- Don't use LazyApproval - you could then use the Distribution list as above, because the task doesn't have any security on it and anyone with the task link can action

Badge +4

Hi Warwick,

Yes, I am also thinking on those options suggested by you. Thank you for taking a look into the issue and sharing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rahul