Automating the ability to withdraw a submission

• 14 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello all,

I'm stuck!  

Basic workflow goes like this... item is entered and is sent directly to five different tasks (long story behind that and why it isn't just one task). All five of the recipients need to 'approve' the task before it is passed on to an even larger group of task recipients. That second set of tasks is also to five different tasks, but unlike the first batch, that set of tasks has multiple people involved in each of the five tasks. Like the first, each and every individual in each of the five secondary tasks needs to approve for the process to be accepted. If at any time one person 'rejects', then the entire process rejects and is closed down.

So here's the problem... there is a new ask in the process: the ability to cancel at any time during the full scope of the workflow process. What the team is looking for is for the initiator (or someone within the process) to go to the form and select "Cancel this request".

How do I build this in an automated workflow? Does 'terminating' a workflow also 'terminate' the tasks that are still unanswered? Is there a way to even have a workflow programmed to terminate itself? HELP!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

I would have a conditional start workflow that looks for the "Cancel this Request" equals yes condition that terminates the workflow that is running on the item.
Badge +4

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to cancel/terminate any of the tasks that are pending, just the main workflow.  I seem to be at an impasse.