Solved

Quote Grand Total

• 30 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I am working on creating a form to generate quotes. I have a SharePoint Online list that stores the licenses and their cost. I have two Data Lookup actions that allow you to select the license and then the cost of that respective license. Then they can enter the number of licenses and I have a variable that multiplies the cost and number of licenses. Now I want to show the grand total of all lines. I am unable to get it to work when I follow the tutorials from Nintex. 

This is my variable for the grand total

20781iC32B073012577955.png

I then insert this variable into a label on my form. If I put the label outside of the repeating section I get the error message that it must be in the repeating section. If I put it in the repeating section it only counts the line total instead of the grand total. 

20784i0FD83E3237769DAB.png

This is what it looks like when I have the grand total in the repeating section. If I move the grand total outside of the repeating section it will only add the first line and then it breaks and counts nothing when you add a second line.

20785i81752DFFE405ECB0.png

Is there a way to get a grand total from the label Line Total in the repeating section?

Is there a way I can populate the Cost data lookup once the license is selected instead of having to use the drop down list? I only get one cost value after I select the license so it would be nice if it automatically populated.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

icon

Best answer by MegaJerk 2 December 2021, 03:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Just looking at your formula it would seem that you're simply not targeting the correct control, or targeting it in a way that won't let you accomplish what you'd like. 

Using the following video tutorial: https://youtu.be/8qK_xFDS4Cg 

It would seem that when you are creating the formula for the Grand Total variable, you'll need to locate the (in your case) Line Total by finding it nested under the Repeating Section:

Some other helpful tips would be to make sure that the controls you're targeting are named what you're expecting to find them as in the Variables tab. If you're still having trouble, please provide a screenshot of what you see in your Variables tab, and perhaps that will shine some light on the matter. 

My line total formula is Nintex Cost * Number of Licenses from the current row.

This is what it looks like:

When I try to use sum() to add the line total values, I do not have a Line Total Collection as pictured in your screenshot. I see this:

This is what my Nintex Repeating Section form control looks like:

I do not see the Nintex Line Total in the repeating section. It is in my form variables here:

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Is your Line Total a Variable or is it a Control that has its value set by a rule? If it not a Control that is placed in the Row, then please create a new Number Control and then set up a rule to update its value to be Nintex License * License Cost.

That Number Control should then be available when you are creating your Grand Total variable. 

You are correct, the issue was I did not have it set as a Control that has its value set by a rule. 

Thank you for your help!