Show Duplicate Calendar Requests

• 2 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to Nintex so I may be a little out of my depth here, but I'm working with a very basic time off request workflow and would like the know how I would go about showing overlapping requests in the notification email associated with the approval task.  I believe I would need to query the request calendar list for all start/end dates and then do the same thing for the current request, then compare them for overlap and place the results in a new variable finally adding that variable to the email notification.  I'm just looking for a bit of guidance on where to begin with this as far as workflow actions. Any help is much appreciated.     

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi,

Yes, your approach is correct. Once the request is recieved, use "Query List" action in the workflow and query calendar where (calendar's requestor name = "current requestor name") AND ("calendar's start date"  >= "current request end date" OR "calendar's end date" >= "current request start date").

The outout of this query stored in a collection variable. Check the "Items Count" of this collection variable, if it is greater than 0, there are overlapping requests, process the collection to get the details, otherwise no overlapping requests. Working with calendars and dates is always tricky!, good luck. Hope this helps.