Can't save control settings in workflow task form

• 16 March 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am encountering strange behaviour when editing the task form of tasks in a Nintex Workflow on SP 2013.

The only browser that's working for me is IE11. When I try to save changes to Control Settings, nothing happens. I can't seem to click open the "Appearance" and "Formatting" headers either. I tried clearing the browser cache, without result.

The debugger gives following errors:

When opening control settings:

SCRIPT5009: 'NW$' is undefined
mainscript.js (494,9)

When clicking the save button:
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'InsertReferences' of undefined or null reference
JavaScriptStringHandler.ashx (88,203)

Any ideas? This is blocking all work on workflows atm.

6 replies

Badge +7

Dear,

As per what you wrote, are you using a script related to nintex forms with "NW$" somewhere?

if so, use "NWF$' instead.

Badge +2

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your answer. I'm not using a custom script.

The error itself refers to the Nintex mainscript.js, but variable NW$ gets used all over the script.

mainscript.js (494,9):

// API
function GetConfigBlob(activity) {

if (typeof (activity) != "undefined" && activity != null) {
        var configAttr = NW$(activity).attr(sConfigAttribute);
        if (typeof configAttr !== typeof undefined) {
            return configAttr;
        }
    }

return null;
}

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this is compatibility bug among certain workflow and forms version.

you will need to upgrade to the latest versions. likely forms is of much older version then workflow (at least it happened in my case)

Badge +2

That sounds like a possible cause, I will try that one out. Thanks for your input!

Badge +7

Dear,

Provide me with your Forms and WF versions, assuming you r working wit IE11, right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What other browsers are you attempting to do this with?   You a re on-prem 2013 correct?