Authentication required for session XXXXX

• 15 April 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am reading a sharepoint list using a smartobject and displaying it onto a web form, on the actual machine where I published the web page it wotks fine but when I access from other machines it gives an error that reads "Authentication required for session XXXXX" where XXXXX is the session number, I went onto the website I tried the suggestions that were made with regard to the topic "Authentication required for session" all the solutions that were suggested did not work for me, and one other thing I am experience is that K2 BlackPearl is not available in the services each time I have to start the service I have to start from the K2 folder in All Program and run K2 BlackPearl Service

4 replies

Badge +11

When you run it from the Start menu the server is running in console mode, not as a service.  Every time the current user disconnects, the console mode application shuts down.  If you are running this on a licensed server, you can go to the services management applet and run it as a service. 

Badge +1
Thanks David I did manage with reagard to the K2 Service so that when I start it, it should be started from the services menu, the only thing that I havent accomplished is that whenever I run the published page from a remote computer it still gives me the error "Authentication required for Session XXXX" where XXXX is the session number as it changes each time
Badge +1

Hi

One important thing I didn't mention is that Sharepoint sits on a different Server and the web page as well sits on a different Server I am thinking that could have an effect

Badge +4
Seems like you need to configure Kerberos.