meversmeyer
Novice

nintex form userequals control

Jump to solution

how do you make a form panel only visible to a specific person(s)?

11 Replies
rhia
Scout

Re: nintex form userequals control

Jump to solution

Hi there: 

A specific person (Ie, Fred in Accounting) or a specific person type (ie, The Employee's Manager, or, HR)

In both situations, you'll use a Validation rule. 

In this rule, you'll tell it under what condition you want to hide the panel. If you click on the panel, click the "hide" checkbox, then add a rule, you can say something like " not(userEquals(variable:Manager))"  - so if the user isn't equal to the variable where you've named the manager, then, hide.

Here's a pretty interesting question from someone else - different requirements but will show the validation ... 

https://community.nintex.com/message/57941-re-nintex-forms-validation-with-userequals?commentID=5794... 

Then there is Sean's way as well, using operators (like == or != ).. so  "Manager != CurrentUser" then hide.

Let me know if this helps.

meversmeyer
Novice

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help!  I will give that a try.

meversmeyer
Novice

Jump to solution

I am pretty new to this, could you please tell me how to assign a sharepoint group to a variable?  I would like to hide a panel for everyone but this sharepoint group.  Thanks!

rhia
Scout

Jump to solution

Hey ‌ -- in this case I am pretty sure you can just say not(isMemberofGroup("GroupNameHere"))

So for example not(isMemberofGroup("Site Owners"))

meversmeyer
Novice

Jump to solution

Thank you!  I really appreciate your help!

courtney_shelto
Apprentice

Jump to solution

Hey Maureen! If ‌ solved your question, could you go ahead and mark her answer as correct so as to help others in the community find answers to similar questions quickly?

meversmeyer
Novice

Jump to solution

I get a message “there are some problems with the design of this form…. Error: ‘isMemberofGroup’ is undefined

Maureen Eversmeyer

0 Kudos
courtney_shelto
Apprentice

Jump to solution

Hey Maureen, try fn-isMemberofGroup

meversmeyer
Novice

Jump to solution

That worked! Thank you so much!