Lookup Column as Hyperlink!!

• 9 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hello All,

I am using SharePoint 2013 and Nintex 2013. I have lookup column and I want it to be rendered as Hyperlink. Can anyone help me in this regard.

Attached is an image for reference.

Thanks in advance,

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I presume this is a string column being looked up that contains a URL, rather than a hyperlink (with the HTML code)?

What is the end purpose here, should these be clickable, and if so, why do they need to be lookup?

Badge +3

Yes this is a lookup from a string column in a document library. The purpose is that the end users should be able to click this URL. Is there a way? I have been working on this for a long time now but to no avail. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

in what form (new, edit view) you want to show it as hyperlink?

in  view form lookups render as hyperlink by default.

if you want it to render as hyperlink in new/edit form you can configure 'Control mode' in advanced setting to 'Display'. but then you will not be able to inut/change it ...

Badge +3

Hi,

Those hyperlinks take you to the list. I need hyperlinks for opening a URL.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so you mean that value of lookup control is a URL and you want that URL is opened instead of list item the URL is read from?

Badge +3

Sorry for the late reply Marian, I was ill for past few days. Yes, it's an URL and I want it to open instead of item url.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

such a functionality is not available OOTB.

you would need to write a javascript code that would replace original URL supplied by nintex/sharepoint with your custom one (current lookup value)

Badge +3

Thanks Marian for your response. Used JS to make it work.