How to delay the line rule

• 27 April 2006
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2
Hello,

I have an activity that has one ServerMail event. I want the flow to wait at that activity and only evaluate the line rule once I set a value to a Process datafield.

I want the flow to continue once I set a value to a process datafield.

Right now the flow is getting completed after that activity as the line rule is evaluated based on the process datafield that's not been set yet and it is evaluating it to false and completing the flow after that activity. But that's not what I want...I just want it to wait there and proceed only when I set the process datafield value.

Please help me in this!

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +6
Hi Basani,

If I understand correctly you want to wait after sending the Server mail?

What you need to do is the following:

1. Add another activity after the Server Mail activity. In this activity you can have an empty Server Event. (Because without any event the process will not compile.)

2. From this activity you will have two lines (excluding the line coming into the activity).

The one line must flow back to the same activity. Set the line rule to evalaute to true in the event that the ProcessData field is empty.

The other line will be the one that should be followed when the datafield was set and the rest of the process continues. This line rule should be configured to evaluate to true in the event that the datafield is not empty.

I would suggest you put a Start rule on the activity so that the activity does not execute and check the datafield the whole time. Only check the value of the datafield at intervals.

Hope this helps.
Badge +2
test
Badge +2
Hi Conradk2,

Thanks so much for your reply!

icon-quote.gifConradk2:

I would suggest you put a Start rule on the activity so that the activity does not execute and check the datafield the whole time. Only check the value of the datafield at intervals.

In the start rule I have three options. Can I use those to achieve the above?

How do I make it check the value at inetrvals?
Badge +4
There is an option on the activity properties GUI that lets you delay the start of the activity