Selecting objects within a form Panel object

• 14 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

First, I'm new to Nintex forms.  I've got a fairly complex form that has been created on a SharePoint 2013 portal and it has two Panels with visibility controlled with a radio button. In each of the panels there are several fields with labels and lots of formatting.  I need to rearrange the existing object is each panel, but can't seem to select the existing labels, fields etc, without Ctrl-clicking each one individually. This is very frustrating and causing lots of headaches. Is there a way to lasso groups of objects when you are within a panel in the same fashion as when working on the design surface / grid?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Michael,

You can select multiple fields at once by holding the left click button and dragging to select the controls you want to select. Just make sure you start a little outside and higher than the top of your fields. You can also hold the Ctrl button, left click, and drag to select and add controls to ones you've already selected. It might take a little practice but it's a helpful feature.

Badge +1

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for objects embedded within the panel. This technique works great for objects on the design surface, but once they are dropped inside a Panel container, the left-click / lassoing results in the Panel being selected and moved as a complete set.

I hope I'm doing something wrong because this is going to be a major headache for me as this list implementation matures.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Michael,

Make sure you start your drag selection of the fields outside of the panel and in the "margin" outside of the form. I'm able to accomplish selecting multiple fields within a panel at once by starting my left click and drag about an inch left and an inch in the margin above the fields I want to select.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you just have to start selection outside of panel boundaries and drag it over controls inside panel

207846_pastedImage_3.png

207845_pastedImage_2.png

only controls that fully falls into drawn box are selected

207847_pastedImage_4.png

207841_pastedImage_1.png

‌ select group‌

Badge +1

I knew I had to be missing something.  I never tried starting outside of the panel with the lasso, but that works perfect.

I appreciate everyone's input!  Thanks!!