Selecting start form in SP 2013

• 18 August 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi, I am trying to create a workflow and have very little SharePoint knowledge/experience. It's incredibly counter intuitive so I have about 1000 questions/problems. Right now, I have tried to develop this WF in several places. There is a list/calendar and a doc library on a subsite. I don't want to use the calendar which is why I made the doc library, but it seems to be the only thing that's working properly. When I add an item to the calendar, it brings up the "New Event" form as I would expect and I can use that to submit the item. Being that this is a document approval WF and I can't attach a document, the calendar is useless. When I use the doc library, I have no means to select the start form until I get into the WF, but then I can't select other actions to start the WF. If I select multiple actions, then I can't  set the start form at all. I want to be able to start the WF when an item is added, edited, or start the WF manually. When an item is added, I need the "New Document" form to come up automatically.  Is there any way to do this?

The attached are my prompts and attempts to set the start form.

16751iA917E97D786B9941.png
10828i66E20A53EB590AED.png
12168i68CFCA751B9586FB.png

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi,

What version of K2 Blackpearl is this?

Are you not able to right click on the view and generate a Workflow?

Regards,

MA