By any chance, to update (add days to) a "DateTime" field in SmartBox SmartObject ?

• 13 March 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello;

I've designed the process that will send out a reminder email to asignee every month. I've created the NotifyDate field (data type - DateTime) in SmartBox, this field will be called by using the load method for starting rule of Mail Event so an email will be sent out based on this NotifyDate field

I would like to update this field in SmartBox after the email was sent out by adding another 30 days to this field then loop back to Mail Event again.

The question is how can I update this field?

I tried to use SmartObject Event wizard and use Save Method then under "input mapping page", I assigned the value by adding the new value like this "SmartObject.Load.NotifyDate + 30 " but I got an error --> "String was not recognized as a valid Date Time".

Do I need to write some code behind SmartObject Event wizard ?

If that so, could you please advise me how to do. Any other ideas are welcome as well.

Thank you in advance. =)

Nikki

3 replies

Badge +11

You could use a server code event before your SmartObject event to use the DateTime AddDays method to update your date.

David

Badge +9
I agree with David's recommendation of using a Server Event.  This way you keep the SmartObject event in a "clean" state and not risk losing any custom code should you need to update that wizard in the future.
Badge +2

Thank Guys;

Now, it s working perfectly by using Sever Code Event to update Smart Object.