Saving InfoPath forms to SharePoint without Submit button

• 16 November 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I want to save InfoPath forms to SharePoint to open in a read-only view, with metadata about the stage of the process ("leader approved" for example). I would like to open it up without a Submit button, so it can't be resubmitted. Only the destination users should see the Submit button, but I would rather they not see it either.

I used to know how to do this in K2.net 2003, but I'm having trouble figuring this out for blackpearl. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Beth

5 replies

Badge +3

For now, I am setting the SN in the form to "0". The Submit button still appears, but the user will get an error when they click on it. So, at least, they won't be able to start a new process.

If anyone has any other ideas, I would love to hear them!

Beth

Badge +6

maybe you can deal with custom button in place of default submit link. no?

Badge +3

I guess so, but that would take time to figure out how to do this, and I really don't want to spend any more time on this right now. I was hoping for something simple.

Thanks!

Badge +5

Create a view called 'Read Only'.  Set the _K2.DocumentView field to 'Read Only' (either through a rule in the form or an activity in the workflow) and on your Submit rule where it calls 'Submit Workflow' put a condition:  DocumentView not equal 'Read Only'. 

The other approach, as previously stated, is to use a custom button, change the InfoPath form settings to not show the default Submit button, and just don't add that button to your 'Read Only' view.

Badge +3

Thanks - this is what I was looking for! I have been using InfoPath and K2 for a while, but never looked at the Submit rules.

After I added the condition on the Submit, the Submit button is still there (probably because I am the destination user), but clicking it just closes the form and doesn't do anything else.