Error Exporting then Importing

• 7 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a rather large workflow that I export then import into other environments.

The biggest pain point is the import is causing some actions to not populate with the correct information.

Generally I fix them one by one during my implementation, but I came across another one which is a doozy for me to try to correct (49 times x 3 environments)

In a QueryList I am doing the following Query

Editor Mode (QueryBuilder)

Select Items only when the following is true

Show the items when column "Document ID Value" does not equal "Document ID Value"

and

Show the items when column "Cancels_Doc_Id" does not equal "strDocIDtoCancel"

On the import, the 2nd criteria gets changed to

Show the items when column "Cancels_x0020_Doc_x0020_Id_x0020_Doc_x0020_Id" does not equal "strDocIDtoCancel" Field not found on the selected list

The error of course being obvious, but I can't get the import to not do this doubling up.  I tried reordering the criteria but no luck.

Copying the workflow across workflows on the same environment using snippets work fine.  But I can't copy my snippet to a different environment (or can I?)

Thanks in advance for help!  This is driving me nuts.

Side Note: I also discovered if your variable name is too long, it will not import correctly either.  But that was easily remedied.

2 replies

Badge +2

960kb

I just learned that if I re-import the nwf into the environment I exported it from, it works fine.

Going to quadruple check the content Type fields to make sure they are exact but I'm pretty sure they are.

Badge +2

So I found a workaround... But there is still a bug in the NINTEX software.

I was outputting the Cancels Doc ID field into a variable (which happens to be the same I am querying....coincidence? Maybe)

I changed which field I output to the variable and now it works.   Mixed Emotions.